Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Vagina Monologues Winner

I had five commenters who wanted the free ticket to the Vagina Monologues, so the simplest way seemed to be to generate a random number from 1 to 5 (using a number generator, not in my head), and choose that way, based on the order in which the comments appeared. So that's what I did. And the winner is.... drum roll please....

Melissa!


Melissa, if you could contact me and let me know what day you'd like to go, then I will go to Theatre 311 and ask them to hold a ticket for you to pick up. The show is running Thursday (probably today by the time you read this), Friday, and Saturday. We'd better verify that there is a seat available, though, because apparently the response to the show has been really great.

I wish I could have bought a ticket for all of you because it is a really fantastic show with such an important purpose. It's not just about the message it is sending, but the purpose of the play--the way you will feel when it's over--was, for me, what it's all about. This play isn't just saying something; it's doing something. That's pretty darn cool in my books, and frankly, my books are not filled with accolades. I'm terribly hard to please.


Oh, and to Dawn: I am so looking forward to spending the day with you and the Paddyfest Ladies. I have some cool ideas and I can't wait! (and watch for that blog post soon folks)

No comments: