Monday, August 11, 2008

In Two Weeks...

I'll be in New York City!!! I've never been and have always wanted to go, so I'm so excited, and I can't wait to blog from NYC. The impetus for the planning of this trip was a photography seminar being given by a really awesome wedding photographer named David Jay, who has so beyond mastered not only the creative aspect of wedding photography, but the business side of it, too. This is part of my season of training for weddings so that I can be a rockstar wedding photographer soon!

So that was my reason for going to NYC in the first place (albeit a bit of a Macguffin) but I'm so disgustingly excited to go and see the city. If I had only been allowed to pick one place to visit for the rest of my life, NYC would have been it. I can't wait!

This is my "creative" rendition of what I think the photo taken of me from the ferry with the Statue of Liberty will look like. I don't actually anticipate any of my body becoming semi-transparent as in this photo, but I do hear that NYC is a magical place.



If anyone has been there and has any advice about the lesser-known gems of NYC, please tell me. So far I know that Grand Central Station has the best curry ever, and the approximate location of the bench in Central Park where Jaco Pastorius is believed to have left the famed and recently rediscovered Bass of Doom. If you have something to add to my tour of NYC oddities, please drop a comment!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Sorry I have no NYC advice for you but I hope you have a FABULOUS time and I can't wait to see the pictures you get around the city!!!

Amanda said...

I just got my remote trigger so expect lots of photos of me standing in front of landmarks with a sign that says "Hey, Check Me Out - I'm in NYC!"