Friday, May 2, 2008

Old Things

I'm trying desperately to clean up my hard drive in the hopes that it will help make my workflow faster for editing images. Unfortunately it won't fix my broken card reader - going to have to make a trip to the store for that! But while I was sifting through the contents of my cram-packed drive, I found some old shots of my youngest daughter. I took these in about ten minutes while I had my backdrop and all that set up for another shoot.

Marissa is not much for the sitting down or having her photo taken, so we just gave her some toys and I snapped away. That is absolutely my favourite way to photograph children, and I honestly think it is the only way to really capture their personalities.













p.s. I think I had just perfected my 'chocolate' conversion script for photos, and I was really digging it at the time, which is why I processed all of these that way. I love chocolate for people photos. It has a warmth to it that is not in black and white, and a richness that is lacking in most sepia photos. I *big puffy heart* chocolate, or did I mention that already?? (also, I swear this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a self-confessed addict of the real chocolate!)

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I LOVE these pictures of Rissa!!! Beautiful!