Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm Very Excited

I get inquiries about weddings fairly regularly, and if you're one of those people who has inquired, you know that my answer 99% of the time is that I'm planning to spend this year training under some awesome wedding photographers before offering to shoot weddings as a primary photographer. Well, this weekend that training begins!

On Saturday, I'll be second shooting a wedding with Jeff Toogood who for my money is one of the best wedding photographers around. I'm so looking forward to it, for the chance to learn how one manages to get the kind of kick-ass shots he does during a crazy crazy day, and for the opportunity to try my hand at wedding photography.

A wedding day is such an important day to the bride and groom and their families, and every moment is a one-time opportunity to get the shot, so I definitely feel like taking time to learn the craft is necessary, which is why I've chosen to go this route. I hope I come out a better photographer on the other side of the 2008 wedding season.

So why am I posting this here? I guess I'm putting the pressure on myself, because once I tell you all I'm doing it, I better post pics up here when it's done. Wish me luck, and hope for a few great photos on Monday!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Good luck on Saturday Manda!! i am sure you will do great and I can't wait to see the pics!!

Anonymous said...

NICE Blog :)

Anonymous said...

I am VERY anxious to see the photos from the wedding!