Monday, April 14, 2008

Scrapfest 2008 - VIP Night

Well, last weekend, Lisa Sales Furtney invited me to come take document VIP Night at Scrapfest 2008's Kitchener event. It was awesome!

Excited scrappers filing into the Aud:


To experience the SOLD OUT VIP night:


It was a Scrapbooker's Paradise, with several companies and business there with displays.
The ladies from The Scrapping Bug drawing for one of many prizes they gave away that night:


The boys minding the store for a bit:


Scrappers could check out the latest products:




Learn new skills at the make at takes:




And catch some awesome deals!




Some really great well-known scrapbooking gurus come out to Scrapfest to teach awesome classes. I stopped in on one of Vicki Boutin's:


And Trisha Ladouceur's class:




And I missed Jen Starr's class, but I was there to see her get her birthday cake! Jen came all the way from New Jersey on her birthday to be part of Scrapfest:


There was lots of learning going and on, and with all the latest goodies and techniques to be seen, I'm sure everyone got this lesson:


Meanwhile, a huge VIP crop went on until midnight:


Spirited participants decorated their tables:


And themselves too:




Having shopped and cropped, some folks might need a place to drop:


But this awesome team, the folks who pulled everything together, made it through the night with smiles on their faces. Lisa is second from the right:




And now onto shameless plugs for a few Crop for the Cure 2008 sponsors who were represented at Scrapfest. Crop for Cure 2008 will be held June 7 in Listowel, and I'm very proud to also be a sponsor!

The Scrapping Turtle will be the on-site vendor at the Crop for the Cure, and are awesome people! Here's Hannah and Lori:


In a Pinch Designs and The Memory Mill are also Crop for the Cure sponsors:




I somehow missed getting a shot of the ladies from Two Scrapbook Friends (probably because their awesome booth was uber-busy all night!) but I did stop by their make and take table:





Big thanks once again to Lisa for having me out. I had a great time, and I'm sure I'll be back next year, but I may have to leave the camera at home so that I can shop, crop and learn until I drop!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Great job with the pictures!

Amanda said...

Thanks! I went a little overboard with the posting, but I don't think I have any event coverage on my blog yet, so that's my excuse.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job of shooting Scrapfest!!!! You captured the event wonderfully...... fun, excitement, super people sharing, learning, shopping and cropping together!