Friday, February 6, 2009

It Lives! (er... it will soon)

Listowel Kitchener and Waterloo Photographer

If you've been following my blog for a long time, then you may remember it's little brother, North Perth Daily.

Originally, before my life was crazy, I started North Perth Daily because I was going out every day and shooting anyway. I had just switched to digital shooting and got stocked up on gear, and I would sneak out after the kids were in bed, or any time Josh would let me, and shoot whatever I could find, always in and around North Perth.

It was really cool getting into photography again because I was constantly looking for a picture, making an effort to see the beauty, or the potential for beauty, wherever I went. And mentally filing all those great shots away for later when I could get away with my camera.

I wanted to do something with the photos I was taking, and I think I may have actually set up the North Perth Daily blog before this one, just as something to do, not really intending that people would care that much to see it. Around the time when I actually started posting my North Perth photos, I also started my business, went back to work full time, and of course was still mom to a 1 year old and a 3 year old.

My late night rendezvous (rendezvouses?) with my camera became fewer and farther between, and my kids begged me not to bring it along as a distraction when we went out together. So North Perth Daily slid further and further down my list of priorities, and then when I left North Perth last Spring, I crossed it off the list altogether.

Well, I'm back now, and I'd love to start sharing those photos again, but this time with a twist.

I'm going to relaunch North Perth Daily (with a few tweaks) on March 1, 2009, and I'm inviting everyone to contribute. If you have photos taken in North Perth or closeby of ANYTHING that reflects what life is like here, and you'd like to share them with others, please let me know.

I don't want the blog to be about me and my pictures. I want it to be about us. After all, I bet the thing that has kept all of us here in this small town is the wonderful sense of community that we have.

If you have a photo to submit, send it to me at northperthdaily@livingproofphotography.ca. You can also share a story that goes with it, information about yourself, what you ate yesterday, whatever you want. Basically it's your blog post, so you have control*. If you want it to be anonymous, let me know.

So, let's have fun together, let's share our lives with each other, and let's celebrate the place we live and the people who make it feel like Home!


Oh, and if you've got something community-oriented coming up that you'd like me to come take pictures of, let me know. I'm always looking for cool things to shoot.


* I reserve the right to exclude any submissions that include obscenity, nudity, or any gratuitousness of things that should not be gratuitous. I don't intend to censor anybody, but let's keep it respectful. If I decide not to include your submission for any reason, I will let you know, so if you simply don't hear from me, it's because I never got your submission, not because I thought it was inappropriate. Please try again. Don't make me do this on my own - that didn't work!

5 comments:

Tracey said...

I'm so excited that you are going to do this again. I loved your North Perth pictures and I miss them!! Can't wait to see what you and everyone else has to show off!

Anonymous said...

so this means I have to visit you to be a part eh?

Sounds cool to me!

Amanda said...

Yeah, sorry Lisa... you'll have to come here if you want to join in!

Tracey, I expect you must have some good shots from around here!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea!!! I have missed your NP blogging and look forward to seeing it up and running once again. Inviting others to submit will be interesting - always good fun to see things from another's perspective.

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! I am so excited to have North Perth Daily back - and what a great twist. I am spreading the word!!!!