Monday, January 21, 2008

Mid-January Update

It's been a busy few weeks, but all good things of course! I just wanted to share a few tidbits of news:

1/ I've started a new blog, North Perth Daily, where I will be posting at least one new picture from around North Perth every day (except Sunday, when my North Perth activity consists of putting down the camera and hanging out with my family unless I have a shoot). I've only been doing it for a few days, and already it's become like the photographer's version of Oprah's grateful journal. I find myself looking at the town in a new way. Taking time to stop and appreciate the glimpses of beauty that I might normally have missed in my hurry to go about the business of my day has made me appreciate this town so much. I just need to get out and shoot them all during the next year!

2/ I've got a few Cheesecake Sessions under my belt, and am having a great time with it! There seems to be a lot of interest, and I look forward to working with more people on this. I really think every woman should do this once--not for your other half-just for you. And men are welcome too!

3/ I'm very excited to be taking part in the Paddyfest Ambassador Competiton this year. No, I'm not competing--just doing portraits of the contestants. I'm very much looking forward to our session and hoping for the chance to cover some of the events of the week as well.

And there are a few other tricks up my sleeve for '08, but they're still in the works. I'll be sure to put the news out when some of my plans for new services are finalized. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: